“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16 NKJV).
READ: 1 John 3: 13-21
Real love is an action, not a feeling. It produces selfless, sacrificial giving and great patience. Once you give up easily on others you can’t honestly say you Love them, for every relationship with a good course has a purpose.
We give up our lives by serving others with no thoughts of receiving anything in return. What is your response when a fellow Christian is honored? How do you respond when someone is suffering or passing through difficult times? How clearly do your actions say you really love others? Are you as generous as you should be with your money, food, possessions and time?
How can we show practical love?
- When we come to the point of understanding that to love our brethren is a debt, it becomes easier for us to love them genuinely. (Romans 13: 8).
- Empathy: It is much easier to show love to others if you will place yourself in their position. (Gal. 6: 7-10. 2 Corinthians 9:6
- It is totally forbidden of you to speak evil of the brethren. (James 4:11).
- Everyday acts of mercy: We should show mercy to the less privileged (Matthew 25:35-36)
- Forgiving our brethren when they offend us even without them asking for it. (Ephesians 4:32).
- Praying constantly for them (Ephesians 1: 15).
Everybody responds to love. Let us therefore show it?
Lord, let Your love flow through me and use me as Your channel of blessing, in Jesus’ name.